View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
cableguy0

Re: Very mild 350 camshaft XE vs Voodoo

The voodoo cams are a bit more modern than the xe stuff. They will usually make better power in the range you will be driving. Peak numbers mean nothing unless your bragging to your buddies. Regardless how new your valve springs are CHANGE THEM. The springs need to match the cam. The comp xe and Lunati voodoo grinds both have aggressive ramps and the springs should be changed. Comp did have some issues years ago with soft cores but most issues now are from improper break in or not running enough zinc to keep the cam happy. I personally would go with the 60101 voodoo. That lift will be ok but like I said regardless the cam you choose get new springs to match the cam. With that said any of the cams you are looking at will likely fit your needs and make you happy. Don't put too much faith in the online horsepower calculators. They exist to sell more cams and are usually very very generous on hp and tq numbers.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote