View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #30
regan56

Re: ..need some help 350 with vortec heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
Dont take this this wrong way but, do your homeowrk on the vortec heads. Lots of great info out there on them and which to use in the older gen I blocks. I'll throw ya a bone and say your should be looking for casting numbers that end in 906 and 062. Im not being a D***, I didnt know general stuff about 350's let alone details about vortec heads so I spend about 2 weeks reading all the info I could about 350's and vortec heads. Now I can tell a 906 vs an 062 head just by the casting marks on the front of the head. I know how much lift they are good to in stock form and what it takes to get them preped for high lift application. I know how much better they flow vs the old school heads and what the combustion chamber looks like and why they are so efficient.
I just took off a set of old 305 heads someone put on my truck and will be putting on some 062's. Use google search and build your knowledge, dont take someones word for it (I'm not saying anyone is feeding you BS), be your own expert.
ya..thanks for teh info.

i have decided to look around at the vortec or maybe even just stick with a std head and intake setup. i mean i really dont need to race this thing, i just want to be able to drive it around with confidence.
regan56 is offline   Reply With Quote