View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: Anyone have cooper 255/85/16s S/T maxxs?

I can fit a 235/85 in my Suburban. Close in size, but still a space-saver.

Here is a good tire story:
Back in '77 or '78 I ordered 37/14.50 Armstrongs (mounted and balanced) from Dick Cepek to be shipped to Maryland when they were first introduced. They were back ordered (more like not made yet). I was planning to move to Snowmass, CO and I had to tell them to change shipment to there. Then I decided to wait till spring to head out and spend the winter in FL, so changed shipment location once more. I was there Oct-Jan and the tires still hadn't shipped. I came back to MD, so changed the shipment location once more. March came and they still hadn't come. I checked and they were on their way to Snowmass. They went back to San Diego since no one pickup them up at the depot. So, then they had to ship to Maryland. Ok, it may not be normal for someone to be moving around so much, but what's up with taking over 6 months to have what you show in your catalog available? I had to wait to leave for CO a few weeks to receive my tires. If they had just left them there it would have worked out perfect . Those things had 3-4 thousand miles on them before being mounted on a truck.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote