View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 08:45 PM   #13
Chevymaster461

Smile Re: 1967 k20 ( CST PRO ) build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Looks like a cool start to me. A few things I've noticed that may be a little easier on you in the future that can be taken care of while its apart are: that sm420/t221 combo is hard to find replacement parts for. The 465/205 combo has a much better aftermarket following than the other. This is especially helpful when the 45+ year old running gear we are dealing with does wear out. Also 16.5 wheels are getting hard to find rubber for. The ho52 eaton is strong but it's pricey/difficult to find break parts for. These are just some "FYI's" I thought of as I read your plans. Definitely looks like a cool project tho and I will be following along for the ride. Best of luck on your build!
Tyler
Yeah I know web sites for all the parts ... Just need to know where to look
I can buy a fully rebuilt sm420 for $750 + the sm420 1st like 7:05 and the sm465 1st is 6:50 not to big of difference but when on the rocks it matters
Super swapper still makes tires for 16.5 (not only are the swappers really capable but there era correct for what guys wheeled with in the days)
An I know of the only web site known so far that specialize in the ho rear parts
I'm building it with the best specs I can find of 67 parts ...
My experience is the internet is filled with 98% bs 1% helpful info an 1% of what your looking for an as I've been researching these thing (not pointing at you by any means) but when people search something how long they look 30 mins a hour or the local part store can't find .. But research something till I find it like at lest 5 to 6 hours a day for 4 to 5 years you'll eventually find what you looking for or maybe search something differently ... But thanks for following my build
Pieced 67/69 k20
My BUILD 67 K20 ( CST PRO )
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7220313
Chevymaster461 is offline   Reply With Quote