View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 05:50 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Truck pulls right and seems to be getting worse

How do the shackles look on the front? Bushings seem healthy...same aging? Since you just replaced the springs I'm sure the spring eye bushings are new, right?...and axle seated right on axle and u-bolts tightened to specs. Is the front end aligned to specs? I assume you've tried rotating tires. How about the rear axle, springs, etc? I had an issue with rear tires wearing on the outside on the '92 K3500 I bought new. I know, weird, right? I had the four wheel thrust alignment checked. I had to convince the shop to go ahead and do it, since they were saying there is no adjustment on the rear. Well, I wanted to know what was up and figured this would help, and it did. The read-out showed each side was toed-in approx. 3/8"! I figured somehow the tubes were in crooked somehow? When I freed the axle up from the spring I discovered on the driver side the tube had never been welded and the only thing holding ii place was the spring. The spring was rolled a bit due to the shackle being distorted from side stress. It was also eating up the rear seal wetting my brakes. They never picked up on it under warranty. I had to dope this out on my own. They kept replacing my rear brakes and just scratched their heads over the tire wear and tried to make me feel I was imagining it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote