View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 12:14 PM   #356
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Nothing picture worthy, but I did have a good day in the shop yesterday. Member Boynton came by last weekend and spent a few hours helping me do the initial blocking of the 2K primer. Really appreciated, and if you guys haven't already done so, check out his builds. He's finishing his third in the time I've been working on this one!

I'd gotten yard chores and stuff done Saturday, so yesterday was shop day. Got a good start at around the crack of dawn, err maybe 11:00ish The block sanding had shown about a dozen other spots that needed further bodywork, so sand all the 2K off those spots. Mix some filler and slather it onto a few spots. Grab a cold one and called best friend in Indiana while filler set. Sand those down, mix more filler for a few more spots. Grab another cold one and call my brother in NC. More sanding and fill the last few spots. Grab another cold one, decide its time to start the grill for some ribs. Decide I've had enough cold ones I'm likely to cause myself more work if I do any more sanding, so sit there in the front of the shop with the cold one and a fly-swatter watching, smelling the ribs grill. Stereo that evening was radio from back of shop and cicadas tuning up for the evening outside.

That's what I call a good day in the shop! I bet many of you can relate. Not a lot to show for it, but that's how I like to spend my "day of rest"

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote