View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #983
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
This is looking like work on your truck... you're frightening me, John!
Just passed the four year mark on this thread and it's still right smack in the middle of my shop. I will finish this thing Chip! How's Yeller treating your Pa? Anything left on the list? It's my Top Truck on the forum man. You guys put some heart into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Nice to see ya back at it. Always like poppin in here to see the progress.
Always glad to see you checking in here Greg! I'm last in line on your build thread. I think I'll hit the hornet's nest and bring it to the top. I know you're in business over there, what's cooking? Still gotta catch up with Murph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Looking good! Keep up the hard work, it will pay off in the end....
Thanks Mike! You are a great inspiration for me. You did it just right!

I bought some VHT and painted the exhaust. Still gotta get Boy to sandblast my headers so I can put the black VHT on those. I'm a little worried that it isn't bonding that well. I scrubbed it all down and then wiped it with a clean rag and thinner but it sure comes off easy! Hopefully I can touch it up after install and a few heat cycles will cure it to a tougher state. The hard-wire MIG did the job on the aluminized and stainless but I had to knock the welds down some with a soft disc. Overall I'm super happy with the results. I'll get it all on the wall this weekend and work towards finishing the chassis.

Boy is in the middle of another badass motor. Still having drama with his aluminum heads so he's whipping up a roller (Vortec) 350. He's getting the sweet deal / employee discount. They just bought a new balancing machine at his shop and he's learning how to run that gear on his own rotating assembly! He's going to do up some Vortec heads with the lightweight LS valves and the boss hauled out some custom regrind cam for him. Should be about 10.0:1 and pretty cool. I'll put up video!

My block, crank and heads ready for inspect!
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote