View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 01:23 AM   #986
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

I would have thought you would have used some good ol' stove paint. That's what I have always used with good results. Of course I always have my exhaust parts blasted for best adhesion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
I bought some VHT and painted the exhaust. Still gotta get Boy to sandblast my headers so I can put the black VHT on those. I'm a little worried that it isn't bonding that well. I scrubbed it all down and then wiped it with a clean rag and thinner but it sure comes off easy! Hopefully I can touch it up after install and a few heat cycles will cure it to a tougher state. The hard-wire MIG did the job on the aluminized and stainless but I had to knock the welds down some with a soft disc. Overall I'm super happy with the results. I'll get it all on the wall this weekend and work towards finishing the chassis.

Thanks for the compliments on the hydraulic clutch kit
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote