View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 04:39 PM   #16
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: 1970 C10 SWB Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungHandyMan View Post
It was last Sunday that I talked to him and he said "Someone was going to come in the morning and buy it if I wasn't interested." I said I needed a better look at it and he said "I'll pass thanks".
No buyer existed. None. Common practice when selling a vehicle to get you to "buy it now."

A dealership I bought my 65 Mustang from told me they had "numerous calls" about the car all morning. Then while I was trying to close the deal they mentioned a couple more times, "got an interested buyer coming in"... I finally told them that if I hear anymore of their BS sales ploys I'm leaving. I got the car for the price I wanted to pay.

The frames on these trucks are pretty tough, except when they do rust through, it's almost always where the cross members and frame meet, especially the ones under the bed. Bring a flash light and look at where all the cross members meet the frame.

Bring a magnet, I'm from the rust belt and it's not uncommon for a truck to look OK, but in reality be a bondo covered turd.

Gently pull back the windshield gasket along the top, and gently push on the area above it, if you hear a crackly sound the cab is probably crap, or at least the roof is.

It does look to me like it was a pretty nice truck not too long ago.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote