View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 04:18 PM   #14
84blaze

Re: Project: Patina (1949 Chevrolet 1434)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach529 View Post
Great progress so far.
Thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSSEY View Post
Looking good. I went for the front big brake swap too. Keep an eye out for a Blazer or Bravada, they have a much fatter front sway bar that bolts right in place of the stock S10 one.
There arent too many 2wd blazers in Canada. I'm not entirely sure if the 4x4 versions have the same style swaybar..?! If they do it shouldnt be too hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by made2drag View Post
Nice progress so far. That truck is gonna look sweet laying out. I love the step by step pics so far. The patina will look awesome and the 212's will actually look good temporarily...Will it require a z front or rear to lay out? Ive seen people having to raise cab mounts if I remember right. Cant wait to eventually have an AD also. Keep the pics coming.
I'll be using the factory S10 frame so I wont need to Z the frame. I plan to buy a body mount kit from Advanced Design which is completely bolt on and mounts the body in a factory location.

As far as laying it out, I have Thorbros lower control arms and a LSoH no-toe steering linkage kit wich will allow me to lay nicely in the front and for the rear I have an older RideTech AirBar set up that should drop me down to a comfortable level. The rear will not completely lay but the front will giving me a nice rake when all said and done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by made2drag View Post
Oh wait....you have 2 AD's??? Im jealous...build both of them!
haha! Yes I have 2. Honestly I'll only really be able to build one out of the two. There are good and bad parts on each of them. What ever I dont end up using will be up for sale.
84blaze is offline   Reply With Quote