View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #36
Jurassic-1

Re: wheres the hidden vin?? Help?

I bought an original black plate truck with ALL vin # intact from crayon marks, Glove Box, Plate on the cab ,Tag in glove box and it had the blue sticker on the driver door that was worn but the last 3 digits were there. Arizona DMV wanted me to leave the truck for a closer look. I took it to another DMV and the guy there said oh this is not complete. I showed him all the other numbers and then he was satisfied. I called DMV and asked how many numbers are required and they told me 1-2 but it is up to the inspector. I get that they want to stop stolen vehicles but they should also look at the overall picture. It was complete and an original truck with more documentation than most. Even the black plates were those issued in 1970. I explained that having had a shop we replaced many drivers doors due to damage and the stickers were not available to replace then. If I have any vehicles I have had to buy bonded insurance on it and DMV issues a bonded title. It can be a pain but at least you can get registration legally going this rout. I know each state may differ.
Jurassic-1 is offline   Reply With Quote