View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #4
South Florida C50

Re: 1 1/2 or 2 ton builds

I haven't officially started a build thread (I should) I've been posting random pic's and comments for months as I toll along on my 69' C50. I have been working on this project every Sat. except for 4 times since last November, and I've got it to this stage. I have along way to go yet, but it now has all new brakes, brake lines front to back, wheel cylinders, new S.S. dual exhaust, front shocks, and the engine runs like brand new. I have all but exhausted my budgeted project money for this year working on this truck. The bed is being held in place with 4 adjustable sliding C-clamps at the moment, I put it on and mocked it up to help me figure out how to mount it at the right height and to get the body lines up where they need to be. I had to shorten the frame, and move the rear end forward about 5 feet, remove one of the carrier bearings and eliminate my 3rd. drive shaft. I now only have 2, one from the back of the transmission to a carrier bearing, and a new custom short shaft from the carrier bearing to the 2 speed rear end. I have taken photos of my work since I started, here is are my last 5 photos....
Attached Images