View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 08:50 AM   #16
dinnut

Re: Need help with truck 60'

Truck was weighed with me in it. I can reweigh the truck this weekend. The last springs I had were with stock spindles. They were long and had a lot of stored energy but I couldn't get the truck off the bumpstops. These are a stock replacement spring that I used with the drop spindle hoping the truck would work better.
I may try 175 lb Rear springs and play with shock settings and tire pressure this weekend before I order the parts for the front end.
I don't have the truck at my house right now...I need to go measure the lower control arm bolt and shock travel after work tonight didn't get a chance to last night. I built adjustable brackets for the mounting points and they are in the middle setting right now. I tried the lowest setting but it had too soft of a rear spring and bad shocks at the time and it just blew the tires off on the street.
Where could I get those front coil springs you mentioned from?

I had ordered some 175lb rear springs to try. I'm Gonna Order Some Front Shock As well.
How do you feel about qa1 front shocks? They make one version with stiff compression and you can adjust only the rebound and then the regular single adjustable that adjust both at the same time

Last edited by dinnut; 07-22-2015 at 09:00 AM.
dinnut is offline   Reply With Quote