View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #19
JPBrecheisen

Re: Rack bodies,Dump bodies,Flat beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
Looks great.

Reminds me a lot of my '64 C-30 Stake Bed. Same color, including the White Wheels, same type Stake Bed, also a Straight 6 and also Restored, although mine was never finished. Once I got it looking good and road worthy, I started using it, lol. This was in the early 80's. Ran it on the road for over 9 years. One of the best trucks I ever had. Still have it as a parts truck.
Very cool. I plan to use this one, although with the fresh paint, I sort of feel bad about stepping on the running boards now. This one runs good and had the engine gone through by the previous owner. I think a 235 carb may have found its way onto the engine. This one is a 261 and to my understanding GM made a specific carb for that engine. If not that, it was set up specifically for a 261. This truck has the SM420 4 speed with a I think a 7.42:1 single speed rear axle. It spins pretty high to make 55 mph, but that's how they ran back then I guess. When I drove it last, it seems to slow down a bit much on a grade without being loaded. I need to check the timing etc to make sure its right, but I figured without a load, it should keep up on its own. I need to investigate more when I have time. Otherwise, it runs and drives like a dream...for what it is anyway. The radials seem to have helped the ride a good amount.
JPBrecheisen is offline   Reply With Quote