View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #8
Gotenntitans

Re: Learned valuable lessons today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
I thought you were going to say the equipment was stolen.
I hope your son paid him the $235. I am not trying to bust your butt. I completely understand that there are two sides to every story, and my side might not be the right one. If my kid told someone he was paying $685 for something, you can bet that my kid would be doing it. 18 or not, my kid is taking care of what he tells someone he is going to do. I understand that you want what's best for your kid, but if he told the guy he was paying $685, then that's what he should do.
I have taken some personal law classes, and I understand that someone under 18 can get out of certain contracts, but that's for their protection. In this case it sounds like your son knew what he was doing, this shop owner wasn't trying to screw him over.
My son is going to finish paying the man. I just thought (and still think) that certain businesses should check with parents before doing rather expensive work like this. What if he had installed a couple of thousand dollars worth of stuff? Things would be different, I can assure you of that. I'm not made of money and I'm not going to go around bailing out my son on things either, but I wish the guy would have checked with me beforehand. GTT
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is online now   Reply With Quote