View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 07:23 AM   #1
greywurm

Rehooking up unknown factory air

My c10 came originally with factory air, but before I got it, someone switched out the 350 to the 250 i6 and an A/c compressor was not present, nor was the heater core hooked up.

I have since replaced the i6 with another 350 sbc, and wound up using a serpentine belt system I pulled from a 92 1500. I also took the compressor from the 92.

Now I want to hook up the heater core and see what all I need to do to get the A/C going, but I don't know where to start.

Can I use the original factory air components that should be there with the newer compressor? Is it ok to mix r12 and r134a components? Which kind of compressor do I have? I have seen a few types mentioned and I dont know which is which.

I put "should" in italics because I really dont know what all should be there to begin with, but from a novice, it appears complete (minus the deteriorated ducting that will need to be replaced and some hoses for the compressor to whatever).

Any help you guys can provide would be great. I really don't know where to start with this one.