View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 12:27 PM   #32
hemi43

Re: Hemi's 70 Blazer build

Started mocking up the front brakes yesterday. My truck originally had front drums, so I decided to make my own drum to disc conversion using the original hubs,spindles and knuckles. The rotors are 88 GM 4X4 and the only modification was that I had to open up the center hole to fit the hub. The calipers are 03 GM twin piston and just needed a slight modification for clearance. Since I'll be using stock 15" rims, caliper clearance is an issue, but should just fit in there.
Today, I split the body from the frame and was able to use my rotisserie for the first time. So far so good.
One item that may cause issues down the road (last picture), is clearance from the front transfer case U-joint (CV-joint) to the transmission oil pan corner on the 4L60E that I plan on using. I've read others having problems also, but don't recall seeing any pictures showing the large CV joint like I have. I'm thinking of maybe flipping the front shaft around so that the CV joint is at the diff. This would give me lots more room by the pan if the slidding yoke was there. Any ideas? Can I get rid of the CV joint all together and just run a U-joint?
Attached Images

hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote