Thread: traction Issue.
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
Rannos

traction Issue.

I know most of you guys are track only but I don't know any where else to ask about racing old trucks. Will say this first off, my truck has never been to the track so I don't know any times. I street race a bit and the truck use to dead hook on motor and on nitrous with a 315/60 dr. Motor makes around 425-450 and is built to take a 250 shot. Have not sprayed more then 150 so far. It has single adjustable Qa1 up front and 50/50 lakewood in the rear. Factory front springs and a soft spring in the rear (dont know spring rate). Everything else is factory other then a few welds on the trailing arms. Truck leaves hard for a driver but sence I changed to a 275 pro tire I can't put power down on nitrous. I will be weighing the truck next week and can give weights then. For now I was curious what are some of the changes yall have done to plant power. I have tried different settings on front shocks and can't find a happy medium on extension and rebound. Either it's to tight and transfers slow or it transfers hard and lays down after 10ft or so. If I spray early it plants till 80ft out then hazes the tires. If I hold off till 2nd it does well but really need to get out early. It's hard to run down 2800lbs cars in a 3500lbs truck.

I know alot of you will say go back to the 315/60 and I may. Right now I would like to get these tires working. Tired of the guys running the same or more power then me in a car half the weight crying that my tires are to big!

Here are a few videos of the truck making passes. 1st is all motor and second is spraying 10ft out or so. If you look you can see as soon as I hit the button my shift light flashes on. Was instantly on the Rev limiter and them spun about another 200ft.

https://youtu.be/tpGZReN0ezY

http://youtu.be/Xkg1x0fRhMI

Anyway any ideas are welcomed and any help is appreciated.

Jay.