View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #17
Roadhog

Re: 71 GMC 4x4 "BOB" Big Orange Beast

Due to having 16.5 slotted mags that I did not to part with, I was between a rock and a hard place. As you may know, they no longer make tires that are 16.5. I was going to need to change my plans. I initially started out with a mix mash of tires 33s that had about 50% tread life. I wanted to go with 35s to balance out the look I was going for. I wanted the BFG All-Terrains but we're no longer available in 35x12.50x16.5. The only tires still being produced were swampers but didn't want to go that route because I still wanted to drive on the highway. I began to research options which are extremely limited. I was lucky to find Berg Tires in Fayetteville, NC. http://www.bergtires.com who specialize in military tires taken off humvees. They offer a variety of tires in different sizes and tread %'s. I got the 37x12.50x16.5 @ 95/100%. The price was right as I ordered 5 tires (1 for a spare) shipped to business to save on shipping for $815 total in less than a week turn around. Time to get them mounted up to see if they'll fit (under my 4-inch Rancho lift (fingers crossed)!
Attached Images