View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #361
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

Slowly starting to see the finish line...

Got the truck back from the upholsterer on Saturday afternoon. He'd had it for a couple of weeks, but I'm really happy with the results:

Starting from here. These are the Dodge seats that I'd pulled out of the '94. After sitting in them for a while, I really wanted to ditch the high-back bucket seats and go with the low-back. After stripping down the passenger side all the way, I found that there was a single hoop that made up the head rest, and it only took cutting 4 tack welds to convert the seats.

I also fought with getting the seats set up properly. The original mount had it up higher than I liked, and also the seat sat about 2 inches off-center of the steering wheel. I ended up having to fab up some brackets on the buddy-bucket frame to get the seats as low as I could, and re-centered the seat on the steering wheel.

The other challenge was going with something that worked with the wood grains that I built for the door cards.

I think that the final result came out really well. Black leather around the sides of the seats, matching the shift boots. Red/Brown carpet and seat upholstery to match the wood grain.

Couple of different pictures, in different lights...

Now, to get the AC hooked back up...

And the door glass in...

and the stereo hooked up...

and finish/redo the bed liner...

and get the passenger side mirror on...

and drive the beejeezus out of it.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A