View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 09:25 AM   #18
toddoky

Re: Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy longhorn View Post
I have been a backyard "fab man", for many yrs, & pretty good at it. I do not build my headers, so I am left to what fits? The total package, looks like a really slick deal....man it all fits nice! For the guys that don't have the time/experience, the kit looks like a bolt in deal From what I see, all of the parts work as a kit.....you don't get that, from parts from this ,or that manufacture! Nice job, to the Holley guys! As far as the ? on the headers fitting the mechanical clutch linkage on that square body truck....have the techs check it, but the ball pivot screws into the bell on that truck? If the mounts , set the engine in the stock spot, my bet is that the bell crank will clear the headers? Once again, good work ....Longhorn
Thanks for posting crazy longhorn and for the compliment on the job being well done. I'm glad to see you noticed the full-system approach to the components; quite a few users miss that point since this swap application has been done by the mixed-bag method for so long now.

Compatibility of the headers with the stock mechanical clutch linkage is something we normally leave on the table with our swap systems as it represents too small a percentage of users to justify the increase in build and installation complexity required to make it happen. By allowing ourselves to use the space occupied by the linkage in the design of the headers we are able to produce a lower cost, better fitting and easier installing set of headers for the majority of swappers.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote