View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 12:48 AM   #17
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Quality

Quote:
Originally posted by 00droptopSS
I closed over 700 repair orders last year for customers and still managed to restore my own truck in six months working just a couple of hours a day and a weekend here and there. Plus repaint a 59 Caddy for the local auto museum.

I took in a custom job in November and delivered the first week of Feburary right on schedule. I even repaired several items that were not paid for by the customer because my name was attached to it and I wouldn't let it go out of the shop looking or running bad.

I sent regular updates to my customer and even delivered the car 200 miles to Dallas when he became ill and couldn't pick it up. Did I make money on it? No, but I did what I said I would do for the price I quoted and I have a customer for life.

The work is garbage there is no excuse for that period. With that said I hope you guys are able to work this out with out to much trouble.

XXL if you get relocated to the North Louisiana area I will be happy to help with your cab.
ya know i got a guy in brooklyn NY that i have followed to two different shops cause he does quality work, and is a great person as well as craftsman. He runs his business like you run yours, 00 and im tickled to death the way he does business.. you hit the nail on the head when you said" I did what i said i would do for the price quoted and i have a customer for life" That is what seperates the gentlemen and great people from the ones who are hacks and shouldnt be in business.You should go very far in whatever you do in life as you have the attitude of success

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is online now   Reply With Quote