View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #1244
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Well, a lovely day it has been.

Up early, loads of "Honey do's" around the house, then cut grass, cut some plants back, followed by clearing in front of the garage, and unpacking the caravan shed to get to some of my glass blasting media, which typically was stashed under the beds, under many parts.

Moved the bike up to the house, pushed the truck up,the drive, and got the compressor started, connected to the blasting cabinet I bought last year, filled it with about 35kg of crushed glass, the. Got started with parts of the heater unit, mirror stalks, followed by various other bits.

Inbetween I had a few problems, including the humidity causing the nozzle to clog up, the compressor feed pipe springing a small leak and the viewing window getting progressively more invisible.

By the end I really could not see what I was doing.

Any advice on how to retain visibility, that is not just the dust, but dulling of the plastic as well...... How do you keep visibility up to something sensible??

Ready to start.

First piece, getting it ready for Ian Brown to Pinstripe over winter when he settles down.

Also did these little guys from the tailgate while I was at it.

All primered...........

At this point one of the cans of red oxide primer stopped working halfway through and I will be wasting a half a can of red oxide....... Really gets to me.

At this time, Mickey from next door came around to take a look.

He seemed pretty happy with what I was doing and suggested I could carry on.

So I carried on and eventually finished all the pieces.

The heater parts are all Satin Black, and the rest, including the engine mounts and their nuts n bolts were made Gloss Black.

Next job is to enlarge the bottom hole by about 4mm all the way round to fit the Mazda MX5 blower and controls to the heater unit.

After packing everything away, I cleaned up, then took Nicola out for a wedding anniversary dinner in town.

Tomorrow it is off to the Hotrod show, hopefully to meet up with some friends, buy some stuff, trade some stuff and generally have a good day in the sun.

Hope to get really lucky and find a radiator too.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote