View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #9
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: "Budget" air kit definitions please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFAB.COM View Post
I would only really question one comment that was made in reference to the sleeved bag... they definitely aren't inferior to a double convoluted bag. They each have their place and are designed/intended to be used and function in a certain way.

There's a reason that the majority of reputable companies that design and manufacture their own kits run a sleeved bag on the rear of a truck the majority of the time if not almost always.

Nate
No argument here from me, but I'll give you an insight into why i feel that way;
When I started messing with air was during the peak on mini-truck craziness, when the Thorbecke Bro's were still "suicidedoors", and when things like air-cylinders and shockwaves barely existed. Now at that time, the majority of sleeve bags being used were the oldschool Firestone's, or the overseas version of the same thing. When those bags were compared to the quality of something like a Slam RE-series (with internal bumpstops and all the goodies that weren't market-standard)...they just didn't compare.

Not to mention the issues folks would report about thin or easily damaged outer sleeves, the metal collars separating, and those bags not standing up to hopping or c02 setups.

I know that sleeve bags have certain fitment advantages, and that semi's use them and all that...but personally I just haven't been firsthand impressed with sleeve bags in general.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote