View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 01:58 AM   #366
dieseldawg142

Re: '64 chevy 2wd to 4wd

yeah, now i got 'burbs on the brain Dale...
also got a gravedigger truck, thinking of ditching everything except for the body & makin a b****in' old trail truck....crap! back to that imagination bigger than my wallet thing.....
the grille? lotsa knifing & sanding. thought it would be easier than painting the background black, then TRY to paint all the grille bars white...& STRAIT....
dually is done. kind of sped threw this one, want to get back on the '55 crew, not happy with a few things but i'll leave as is for now- when i'm bored or slow, i'll drag it back out
no. 1- should have notched the rear frame so the leafs can come in more, too much tire sticking out looking goofy
no. 2- headlights. could'nt get all the multiple layers of paint off them, so i just slapped some white on them. hoping to find an undamaged/unpainted grill & go at it again
plus side i was pleased with how the paint came out. with them multiple coats came multiple rounds of sanding. then i had wrinkling & fish mouthing from some of the old paint, then i nailed it with some blobs of paint......prob sanded it 14-15 times....
Name:  722.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  47.5 KBName:  728.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  35.9 KBName:  727.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  28.0 KBName:  725.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  25.4 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote