View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 12:46 AM   #5
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: engine dyno vs chassis dyno

I've only used an engine dyno 2-3 times, and I always liked the "no BS" results. I know that there are still correction factors for temp and load, but not being able to argue things like parasitic loss and other less-quantifiable factors is nice.

I will say that the differences in result with DynoJet vs Mustang dyno's alone causes arguments and butthurtness in reputation. Mustangs tending to be "stingy" but lately I feel like they've been the most "Accurate" to expecations (if that makes ANY sense). Dynojets have always given me more favorable #'s, but with much less repeat accuracy.

Have you guys ever tried those axle/hub-mount dynos? The ones where you bolt the rear hub up to a torque tube on an engine-dyno looking machine. They don't have the tire distortion or slip issues, but still get the rear wheel numbers. I haven't seen any big (8-900+) power cars run on one.

If you consider those trailer-dyno's in the mix, they might as well be throwing numbers at a dart board.

I will say that the excerpt kinda ignored the fact that those dyno's aren't locked to those correction factors.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote