View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 01:34 AM   #86
Blown06

Re: Project: "ResuWrecktion" '71 Custom Deluxe C-10

Got a little more done this weekend, sometimes I feel like I have ADD.

There are so many things to do to the cab that I bounce around like crazy! Oh well it all has to get done one way or another!

I took out my cross braces that I had installed prior to cutting the rocker, floor sections and cab supports out. That led me to the High hump install and trimming out the floor for that. I decided to weld it in, I know "what if you need to get to the transmission?". My reply would be that for a truck that's 44 years old there has never been a removable hump there.

So with my hole trimmed and a few tweaks with a hammer and dolly I got it fit well enough and welded it up. Still have a couple of bolt holes to fill but it's getting there.

I think I've had that oil can with Cleco's for a while. Been a long time since I've seen Gulf Oil or a round plastic can.

Started cleaning the rust out of the windshield seam and coming up with a plan for fixing it.

Decided I didn't want the rear cargo lamp anymore, so I plugged that hole with a patch from behind. Not perfect but a little mud will make it invisible.

All of the old paint is removed from the back now but this was the last pic I took after grinding down the weld.

My project: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=646563
Blown06 is offline   Reply With Quote