View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 11:23 PM   #11
HellaciousA

Re: "Burrari" my first project, 70 c10 swb

Another update, sorry for not posting anything last week. I got the bed off last weekend. Not surprisingly, I found more mickey mouse work. The exhaust was rubbing the driveshaft badly, and also jammed up into the rear crossmember. Plus someone welded mounts for the tail pipes directly to the bed. I had to cut those off first to get the bed off.

I've also gone ahead and chopped all the exhaust out as I'll be redoing it all anyways. Truck sounds beefy at idle open header, and like a tractor under throttle haha.

I bought a cherry picker from harbor freight and a tranny jack adapter for my floor jack. Going to pull the trans out first and then the motor. This is my first time yanking an engine out so I don't want to risk hurting myself or damaging the truck by taking it out as a unit. Goal is to have the motor out by Sunday. Going to start tomorrow morning.

I think one of the rear shock is blown as well, which may be throwing off my measurements on the frame. Either way, I discovered a large notch cut in the left rear rail for the filler neck. So I am sold on the no limit rear rail kit, I just don't know what rear suspension set up to use.

1. Keep it stock style and use new bushings, shock relocator kit, and no limit panhard rod, and re-use the rear axle in the truck

or

2. Fat bar 4 link setup and go with their moser 9" setup that's already got the brackets and everything ready to go.

I know the main difference is going to be cost, but my rear trailing arms are all bent and have chunks cut out by the previous owner to clear the exhaust. I want the truck to handle, and I don't want it on bags. Any input on this from those who have done either setup, feel free to share.

HellaciousA is offline   Reply With Quote