View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 12:25 PM   #32
paulspickupparts

Re: TF running hotter on highway than in-town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger55 View Post
The 210 on the highway after 10 miles was with the A/C on.
I did not try that with it off.

I still don't like 192-196 around town at 95 ambient (A/C on). I would expect that to be 205-210 at 106 to 110 ambient.
I know this is not a temperature that would cause boiling or damage, but I just don't like them to run that hot. And, if I can't solve the issue of running on warmer on the highway, that 210 after 10 miles might become 225 at 110 ambient.

Just had another idea. What if I put 2 of these Spal 6" (300 cfm) fans in the places on each side of the radiator where the taped up louvers are. I wonder if it's possible it would make a significant difference for both idle/low speed and highway temperatures. You would think moving another 600 cfm through that engine compartment would have to help. But would it help enough?

Before I went to all that cost and work I would simply over ride your 190 fan switch. Temporarily run a power wire to your fan with an on / off switch. I would then turn it on and leave it on and see what you engine operating temps would be. I would then repeat your in town and highway tests. Both with air on and air off .

I would untape the louvers and the area above your a /c condensor. Currently no air , warm or cold can pass thru that area. Your under hood temp engine copartment air has to be pretty warm.

You will not get it run less than 190 if your fan shuts off at 190.

Also I beleive efi motors are meant to run at 195 - 210 . Number of reasons. Here is some info that pertains to that.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...ure-range.html
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote