View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 11:48 PM   #38
roger55

Re: TF running hotter on highway than in-town.

Thanks for taking the time to post all that info for me!

Answering your questions first.
Yes the EGR is disabled in the ECU.
No, I don't have the oil temperature.
Yes, the time is set to OE specs at 6 BTC. See that printout from my software for everything else. At 2000 rpm it looks like 36 to 38 total advance while running at 65 on the highway.
Yes, my A/C is incredibly cold. I haven't checked any temperature differentials across the condenser.

With all help I've gotten (this forum and the trifive.com site), I've come to the realization that with what I've done, I don't have any air flow from the grille area to the engine compartment that doesn't go through the condenser and radiator and that is not a good thing.
I've now removed all the tape and seals I put on there as I detailed in my photos. After I receive the high-flow thermostat and lower radiator hose spring this coming week, I intend to drive it and see how my temperatures compare to the last testing I did.

Looking at that Taurus fan that is 23X18, It appears that the actual fan size is 16" and the same as what I've got. I don't think the cfm for that would be any higher than what I've got either. I'm pretty skeptical of advertised cfms for fans. Mine draws 18 amps. I would think that Taurus one similar.

I think I would be in pretty much the same place I am now if I had that Taurus fan. If I put holes in the corners of my shroud, it would be the same as the open area of the core that would be left with a small shroud like the Taurus one has.

Earlier today I thought about trying to go with a mechanical fan because they are large. But, the only way I could do that is without a shroud at all. I can't fit any type of tapered shroud because of how I built my cold air intake pipe. I'm not willing to go without a shroud at all so I won't even be trying that.
roger55 is offline   Reply With Quote