View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 08:43 AM   #41
roger55

Re: TF running hotter on highway than in-town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarance J View Post
Hello Roger55. How about getting a different temp switch that turns the fan on at a lower temp. The one I have is on at 185 and off at 170. Just another idea to ponder. Great looking truck you've built.
Earl
I'm not totally happy with the switch I have but it doesn't have anything to do with my issues.

Mine switches on at 190 and that's OK but it switches off at what must me 189.5 so the fan cycles more than I'd like. I only see it do that with the A/C off.

With the A/C on and the engine warmed up, it stays above 190 and the fan continuously runs. Same as it would do with the switch you have and why it isn't part of the issue I'm dealing with.

Your switch won't work with a 180 thermostat as the fan would fight with it and never turn off. I have to run a 180 thermostat because my TPI ECU would command too fast of an idle speed if it ran under cooler than that. It probably could be reprogrammed but it still doesn't have anything to do with my issue so the only thing it would do is make it take a little longer to get to the temperatures that I'm reporting.
roger55 is offline   Reply With Quote