View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #53
roger55

Re: TF running hotter on highway than in-town.

Another guy told me he thought 36 to 38 degrees total advance sounded low but then thought it might be right since it was only at 2,000 rpm.
Anyway you are right, it's probably not in any kind of range that would cause a heat problem. Someone did say I should check the advance with a timing light to make sure I'm actually getting the amount of advance the ECU is commanding as it doesn't get feedback of any kind to tell me this in the readout.
I will do that but based on the fact the engine runs like a top, I don't expect it to be off.

Btw, I sent that chip to Larry's Electric and they programmed it to take the EGR out and disable the VATS. Not sure what else they usually do for swaps. I bought my harness from them too. I can get the chip number if you think it will be of help at all.

I wouldn't mind getting the gear it takes to program these. I also have a 83 El Camino SS with a 96 LT1 engine running controlled by a 94 ODB1 ECU. Both these vehicles are long-term holds for me and it would be nice to have programming capabilities for both.
roger55 is offline   Reply With Quote