View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 07:29 AM   #131
The Rocknrod

Re: My caster mod (with pictures)

I have my entire chassis apart for powder-coating. Finding this thread now is great. I'm going to work on this mod this morning.
With any luck I'll bugger it up enough to have to buy a whole new front end.
Edit:
I only had one locating hole 1-3/4" from one end not two. So I drilled another (opposite side) at 2-1/2". Removed the front lower A-Arm bracket and am heading to the store to get the allen bolt for the locating pin now. Looks like maybe I will have to trim about 1/4" off the rear side of the A-Arm to make it work though.
I removed the rivet on the front a-arm bracket only as there is no pin on the rear of mine. No doubler plates either. and it has 7/16" u-bolts. Will have to upgrade. The rivet hole is 7/16" so I'm good there.
Must be the older a-arm set-up is different, mine is a 64. Good thing I'm doing this, someone put this unit together and one a-arm shaft didn't have the locating pin in the hole and mushroomed the pin head some. It was about halfway in and out of the hole originally.
Update:
Have to go get Cobalt Drill Bit today. I have a smaller cobalt and it worked (I have a drill press). But not a 11/16".

Last edited by The Rocknrod; 09-19-2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: More info.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote