View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 10:48 PM   #20
dwmitchell61

Re: 1988 Canadian GMC C1500 305 TBI w/TH400HD going into 1973 C20 Custom Crew Cab

I bought a VSS DRAC/buffer for 1990-1993 with the DIP switches on it from Warr Performance. Bought a connector kit for the DRAC. Mounted it atop the EMC. Updated the TBI wiring harness for the VSS. I had to extend the wiring harness leads for the oil pressure switch; I moved it from atop the engine so I could connect the mechanical pressure gauge there, and installed it where the electronic sending unit was above the oil filter.
We stuffed the engine & transmission last weekend. Today we got the wye pipe in (with O2 sensor bung added) and plugged the O2 sensor port on the manifold. The chassis was interfering with the stock location of the O2 sensor. This afternoon I put the TBI wiring harness in the truck, threaded it where it needed to go and have most of everything connected.
Need to put a hole into the floorboard under the front seat passenger side for the harness. The EMC will go under the passenger side of the seat.
I have to remove the cover from the differential to identify the gear ratio. The tag is no longer on the case. I need that to program the VSS DRAC/buffer.
I found the throttle cable was too long on the old carb setup. I removed the throttle cable from the donor truck in the hope I can work it with that. I have to see what the '73 throttle lever looks like up top.
I may have to have the front driveline segment shortened for the TH400... That bites... Just don't have the funds at the moment for the cut/weld/balance job.
dwmitchell61 is offline   Reply With Quote