View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 05:47 AM   #10
Xeen

Re: Rebuilding The Beast

You gave the rear end the deluxe treatment, you will enjoy the hell out of that.
I was thinking about how you said you have been going back and forth about the decision on whether to keep it as a long bed or make it a short bed and in order to make that decision easier lets look at the cost involved.
Shortening the frame and bed floor will be aprox $500 and good quality made in the USA reproduction short bed sides will cost you about $1150 shipped so all in you are looking at $1650 so ultimately because of the considerable cost involved this decision has to be about what you are are going to use this truck for, if it is for work then leave it a long bed but if it's for pleasure then make it a short bed.
I wanted to mention something about your decision to use a different frame to build the truck.
In order to sell the truck across state lines the numbers on the frame have to match the numbers on the VIN so that is something to consider because trust me they will check.
It won't take you long to clean and paint the original frame and considering that you have to tear down everything to swap frames what is an extra couple of days in the grand scheme of things.