View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 06:47 PM   #108
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

yeah the 49 is still waiting to get started. luckily the 47 gmc is almost done, after this weekend just need to install the AC/heater core.

when we switched columns the PRNDL, odo, temp and gas gauges went out. I messed around with it today and it turned out to be a short in the column harness. luckily I have a few s10 parts around hahahah

getting the ignition switch electrical tumbler in exactly the right position was a bit of an in and out trick, once the starter engaged and stayed engaged, lucky I knew how to pop the electrical tumbler out quickly. once it worked, I was happy to see all the stuff that didnt work, worked again.
the springs keep on settling, the truck gets lower and lower. I need to clearance the rear sheetmetal some more inside and that takes time, so for now I just

since that would raise the truck 2 inches, I thought it might look silly, so I popped on the red wheels from the 65 which are 3 inches shorter, for a net gain of 1/2 inch raised.

I was happy to see the electric fan working exactly properly, turning on at about 200 degrees and letting the gauge run almost dead center. tomorrow is last run in ark city, it is my HOPE to have the gauges installed tonight and the headliner buttoned up for the 1.5 hour trip. for sale sign in the window, of course!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 09-05-2016 at 01:16 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote