View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #13
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
progress and some great looking metal work...
Thank you aeon.

It is not pretty, but it is strong and an improvement on what was there.

Reloaded this pic as the previous version was too big.

This morning I had a good Bootfair, managed to find a few bits I needed and some I wanted.

Also managed to pick up a new, unused 3M respirator mask for mate Martin for sensibly little money.perfect to accompany his new compressor.

After I got back from the Bootfair I had some home jobs to do, including waterproofing the tail lights on Nicola's daily driver car.

Just when I had done that, Mickey next door shouted over the gate that I had a visitor, I looked up the drive and saw a motorcycle helmet...... Knowing it was Paulusvrotius who had ridden up from Southampton to deliver a pair of axle stands he had offered me a couple of weeks ago...... Sound mad? No, not at all, just the sort of thing we all do for each other from time to time.
He then visited, chatted for a while before taking the scenic route home.

Thanks for the axle stands mate, they will be used well.

I then carried on welding up the kick panel I opened up last night, followed by some cutting and welding on the door pillar and also some more welding to the floor on the drivers side next to the kick panel.

I also refitted the old petrol tank that has been cut open as a storage space behind the seat...... Then cut off the front of the support tabs for the tank and tidied them up too.

Following this I used a flap wheel on the grinder to remove most of the scaled rust and old carpet glue from the floor and also to roughen up the floor to give a good keyed surface for the paint once it goes on.

Then used petrol to wash the floors once more after vacuum cleaning all the dust off it.

So that was another productive weekend in my view.all the welding on the cab done and cleaned up.

Later this week I will paint the rust converter on the surfaces of the floor and then two coats of paint.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote