View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 09:44 AM   #1
tsetsaf

LS Cruise Wiring - Problem

When we restored the truck I bought a generic wiring harness not realizing it was missing the proper running lights/ turn signal wires for a 71. I have been rolling around the last 2 years with the side markers wired to turn signal only, and the front orange parking lights also tied to only turn signal. This means that when lights were on only my headlights and tail-lights were lit. Side markers and front parking lights were dark except in the following:

1. Apply the brakes the two rear markers lit
2. Flip on turn signals the side markers flashed and the front parking light flashed (on the appropriate side of course)

Over the weekend I adjusted the configuration by splicing the two rear side markers to the running light wire heading to the brakes. They now are on with the lights and do not flash.

I then ran a new wire from the panel to the front markers and running lights while removing their connections to the turn signal wiring. Result = markers only on with lights no flashing. Running lights are on with lights and flash brighter with signal.

PROBLEM: Now my cruise control will not engage. I can flip the button on and get the "cruise ready" light but clicking the "Set" does nothing. Any thoughts on where things might be off?