Thread: burb headliners
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 10:25 PM   #5
BIG ORANGE

OK guys here I am,sorry I dont have Big Orange anylonger so I dont checkout this part of the site,but anyway here's the way I did my headliner and Big Orange won 3 best interior awards at major car show and even won this award at PF at the Chevy,GMC Truck Nationals in 2002 so trust me when I say it will look good!
1st I went to Lowes and purchased some 1/4 flexable insulation board and trimmed it to fit inbetween the crossrails in the roof,I used a hot glue gun to put this in place with.
2nd I purchased white bathroom shower tile,it comes in 4x8 sheets and has a texured look to it, I measured my old pieces and had the matrial cut to fit except the front and the rear,you will need them longer so you can fit them yourself. This material is 1/8 thick and very flexable.
3rd I started at the front put a piece in then a bow,put a piece in then a bow and so on and so on
4th The last piece is a real pain to put in so be very carfull and take your time,it might even help to say alittle prayer I know thats what I had to do.lol
hope this helps!
Oh one last thing this whole project cost me around $85.00 and it was well worth it!

Things happen for a reason!

Last edited by BIG ORANGE; 02-19-2004 at 10:27 PM.
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote