View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
iceman777

Cool Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
Nicola went out shopping and visiting with an old friend all day today.

Tonight when she came home her face was PRICELESS when she saw the truck. (Well, what is left of it)

Martin popped around this morning to give me a hand to lift off the load bed and also roll the cab back so I could work on the underside.

Had to grab this pic....... I have a tipper truck.

Then we rolled the cab onto its back, thanks to the mattress Scot "Jabbo" had given me some time ago.

The bed was stashed out the way on top of my Biltong/Beef Jerky making cabinet.

Also decided that for once a selfie was appropriate.

While the cab was off I drilled the four mounting holes for the battery tray.

After mounting the battery and bracket I went into my local village Hoo St Werburgh and again remembered what the old days were like, having the local motor spares shop keep stuff in stock that you do not expect...... I went to buy a tin of seam sealer to use on the cab. I had ordered a tin from EBay but it will only be here on Tuesday evening. A few pounds more but convenient.

I think we need morre local spares shops like this.

As always Harley was on hand most of the day, she just loves to be around the garage.

With the cab on its back the jobs today included grinding back all the welds I had done, also the welds where the plate was welded over gearbox hump.
Then I scraped, chiseled, wire brushed the chassis, cab floor clean, followed by 6 liters of petrol to wash it all clean.
Eventually I was happy with it.

Once cleaned up I needed to dress back the terrible edges of the welded plate, I also had to repair and straighten out the lower sills as both side edges seem to have been dragged over a high kerbside.

Once all was done, I then tackled the rust converter on the chassis and all under the floor.

Hopefully it will dry overnight, then I can do the seam sealer and underseal on the floor tomorrow after working in Nicola's dads garden and Bootfairs most of the day.

The chassis will hopefully be painted by tomorrow evening as well. If this happens I will be a very happy man.

hi grizz can i ask why you have put the battery there
iceman777 is offline   Reply With Quote