View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 01:37 AM   #8
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: looking for LS swap vendors in il/wi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzhume1221 View Post
you mentioned most shops selling complete takeouts are charging you twice as much, so what should one expect to pay for say, a 6.0/ 4L65e trans with computer and harness? i know the prices obviously vary with mileage, year, etc, just hoping for a ballpark.
For a 6.0 with a trans, I wouldn't spend more than $2-2500 if its really complete. Truthfully, I wouldn't get super hung up on the harness either unless your gonna do that part yourself. No reason to pay a premium for something thats gotta get ripped apart anyway.

If you have specific plans like a built trans or anything, then consider that when buying your parts.

For reference, I payed under $800 for a 6.0 with under 60k, complete pan to intake (tho I was missing the power steering bracket which they normally would include, but I didn't catch it at first). I only payed $300 for a 4l80e, which I could have kept stock but then stuck like $1500+ and then a converter into.

Too many shops are offering "great deals" on "complete" swaps which are just pullouts...and want $3500+...and they STILL need tuning and fuel system and all that jazz.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote