View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 10:07 PM   #20
Dirsuper

Re: Where do you want to end up?

Hombre,

I appreciate the info. Yeah, I have had time (thanks to injury) to really think this through, I am not pulling the body. For what I want, not worth it. I am losing some time right now dealing with some drainage issues on my property (getting ready for this El Nino thing, thank God a buddy let me borrow his backhoe!). I am also finishing up a HUGE welding table. Regardless, every night ends with me in the shop walking around/laying under the '72 K5......it's solid. The ends don't justify the means for me to remove the body. I'm not looking to dump $30-40K into something that will be worth (tops) $20K. I'm gonna keep this on the sane level. I've decided on a 2.5" lift so I can run 33s (No offroading in this K5's future.....at least while I'm alive), a quick engine refresh, wiring, wire brush/paint frame, freshen ends of diffs, pretty up the interior/dash, get a cheap paint job, and enjoy it. I don't want it to sit for 5 years.

I should start moving on it within 3-4 months. Right now I have to get through this year, get the shoulder(s) fixed, save some $$$, and go from there.

Appreciate the input from everyone.
Dirsuper is offline   Reply With Quote