View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 04:35 PM   #399
mattbert56

Re: 1965 C20 fleet side longbed DD low budget build.

So I've been pondering with the idea if I wanted a new seat in the truck vs. Having the original re upholstered, so my first real day off in a while I decided to stroll the local wrecking yard for parts. Always a good time looking around. I got it in my head that if I found a nice seat I'll see about picking it up. So armed with a tape measure I started at one end and looked at every car truck suv. They had. Found a few candidates but nothing promising. I eventually found this Dimond in the rough in a 2001 ford pickup with a triton v8. Talked with the yard owner flashed one bill and was out there taking it out of the truck the next minute. Had to do a little bit of fabricating of brackets and drill a few holes to make her fit. Also a little bit of creative bending with my framing hammer. And she's in. I used about half a bottle of carpet odor and stain remover with a stiff bristle brush to get it to where it's at now. It will need a little bit of upholstery repair on the driver side but not enough to deter me from the purchase. It's a 60 40 split with a folding center console WITH CUP HOLDERS! ! and a compartment for some junk just behind the cup holders. It matches the interior and gives the truck a much better feel. There also kind of bucket ish seat shaped. Most importantly The girlfriend loves them. As do i
Attached Images

1965 k20 buikd thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=628346&page=6
mattbert56 is offline   Reply With Quote