View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #1521
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Im staying along to read and ride .
Cool Beanzzz....

This is the last for today.

After leaving Texarcana we drove on and into Arkansas, always weary of Police and any unexpected surprises on the road.

This was not our back yard of London and the UK.

So RESPECT was paramountm for the people and environment.

We made it to Dons Tattoo Studio at late afternoon as we had stopped and started along the road to look at stuff, fill the car and buy all sorts of bad (irresistible) foods and snacks. America has some seriously good foodstuffs.

When we got into the shop there was a pile of spares both Martin and I had ordered to be delivered to Dons shop since January. This was only a small part of our eventual stash. Included was a complete Harley Davidson V-Rod rear end and light for Martin, an alloy sump, air cleaner and alloy valve covers for his engine.
My haul included an A pillar mounted spotlight for my truck from Jonathan Hall in SC and a handle for it from Herb in Winfield, Kansas. Thanks again to all involved in the success of our purchases, gifts and deliveries made over the last 9 months.

I was almost embarrassed as we greeted Don and Klown one of his artists (a super nice guy, who always smiles and is friendly and inviting) and then proceeded to riffle through some of the bits waiting for us.

I did get to meet Little Boy in Klown's work space.

Martin resisted our attempts at getting him to get a little nipple ring fitted by Don.

While we were there, recently retired Preacher Vince joined us for a while to chat. Photos courtesy of Don.
Another great guy to meet on our trip, thanks for making the effort Vince, much appreciated and good to meet another Garage Journal member in person.

After we settled down and unwound from the tension of driving all day, Don, Martin and myself went out to dinner at Murdocks Catfish Restaurant.

Catfish, Hush Puppies, Fried Ochra, BBQ Beans and a bottomless glass of Dr Pepper.

Just PERFECT !!

After this we went to Dons home and met his wife Saless and of course JoJo who is an awesome little dog, I suspect he is the most therapeutic member of the family, he certainly settled me down.

We went to bed late into the night again,max there was so much to be chattered about, things to be shown, gifts exchanged etc.

And JoJo and I connected fully once he got me trained in just how to throw his ball around the house.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote