View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 07:30 PM   #1524
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Friday morning we were all up early.

Coffee, tea and taking JoJo for a walk on Don's piece of land, what a pleasure.

I have always loved Ride on Mowers, and especially older ones, those with real,world patina work even better.

So finding Dons dads old mower out back far into the bush meant I had to try it on for size.

Later Don made us breakfast, then we went to town to get a mobile phone "burner" card sorted that would give us a months unlimited everything, internationally including 5gb of data.

Then to O'Reilly's for HT leads, plugs and a variety of other service parts.

After this we went back to Dons home with Vince in tow to prepare his truck for the trip up to Clem's place on Friday night.

We changed tyres and some other jobs, checked out Dons workshop and other treasures including the Patina Stepper he is building, real man stuff.

I also masked up some of the tailgate for some silly painting. For once not taking the photos.

Later in the day we went back into Searcy for a Mexican dinner and and then back home to pack up, Saless, Dons wife had cut him loose to,spend some time,with Martin and I as well as attending the do in Fayetteville........ Thank you Mrs Boss.

We left after 6pm and the trip not the Ozark Mountains was pretty much uneventful.

Getting to Clem's place some time after 10.00 pm we were greeted by some members who had come from as far as Washington state and Keizer, Oregon.
So it was great to meet Bomp (Greg) and Michael McMurphy in person, of course Clem being the awesome host he is, I had not even settled next to the fire when I had a beer in my,hand.
We continued around the fire till much later before we headed uptown to Clem and Kim's house and their four cats. Perfect for me.

Next morning we all got up real early for a full American breakfast and then headed out deep into the Ozark Mountains in a variety of cars and trucks.

This was to be a Jnkyard trip of a lifetime.

TALK ABOUT JUNK DRUNK........

I will leave just a few random pics as it is bed time now......... Off to London early in the morning, as I have to get back to work.

McMurphy after rescuing a Pontiac hood ornament from a Ford.

I will post up some more random pics tomorrow.

Thank you for the replies so far, they keep me motivated.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote