Thread: 62 diesel
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 10:32 PM   #21
BigSix

Re: 62 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
i have already told you that was not a sm420 that was in mine .tI told you what it was and it is a little heavier duty and bigger than what you have (a 5 speed o/d). mine also had a 13" clutch which does require a larger bellhousing. the bellhousing mounted in the same area as a stock one would have been, so the trans would have hung in the right place.
I didn't have anything to live and learn about. the detroit was mounted in there where it should have been . it could not have been moved back nor could it have been moved forward, just that it was heavy . it handled and performed well
ron
I know. But just above you asked why I had trouble with my bellhousing and I explained my transmission is bigger than the stock SM420 and mounted differently. I seem to have made you sensitive about your old setup - did not mean to. Just wanted to answer your above question because you had posted a link which made me think I didn't clarify originally. Also giving some shoehorning advice to the original poster
BigSix is offline   Reply With Quote