View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 02:37 AM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: **Need advice; Looking to buy this LS engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972K20 View Post
[I]5.3 LM7, recently freshened and prepped for Boost application
I want to know whats "prepped for boost" on this, aside from the head studs.

-professionally reworked stock harness with fuse/relay block and 2 wire easy hookup
Possible, but its usually at least 4 power wires...and we need to know what its reworked FOR. Which trans, truck or car ECM and harness?

- unlocked and base tuned ECU included
This almost never is as plug n play as it sounds. IMO I'd rather have a stock ECM and have it tuned per my requirements.

-new pro-comp head studs (needed for boost applications)
There were horror stories about Pro Comp head studs for a while. Not sure if they still have issues, but I will ALWAYS spend the money for ARP.
-new valve seals, spark plugs, MLS Head gaskets
-heads cleaned and valves lapped
Need more info on this. Were there any dimensional changes made to the head surface (milling etc).
I don't see much in that list that really screams "ready for boost". I also tend to think that "freshened" is a buzzword which substantiates very little. It seems like the block hasn't ever been opened, so that could be a 170k engine that blew a headgasket...owner threw some new gaskets and hardware in (since you have to anyway), and now calls it a fresh boost motor.

Unless he only wants $700, or can find a whole bunch more info, I wouldn't be handing over any cash.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote