View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
americanmusc1e

Re: Project "Old Skool" V.3

Here is the truck sometime in 2004. It was a 1970 C10 with a 350/TH350 AC, and a side toolbox. It was a pretty high-optioned truck for not being a custom. When I got it, it had a worn pearl-white paint job. It was originally white/med bronze/ white I haven't seen very many medium bronze trucks, but I'm guessing they were an acquired taste The engine compartment was probably the worst-looking one I've ever seen too.

My dad and I bondo'd all the rust up and painted it rust oleum safety red and gloss white (unaware that a big trend of rolling on a rust oleum paint job that was developing). We fixed a few mechanical problems the truck had, and turned me loose in it. The truck wasn't entirely finished by my 16th birthday, but that didn't stop me from driving it with a yellow hood. My first modification was a foam air cleaner until someone told me how easily they catch fire.

here is the truck several months later all shined up with the maxxis mudder tires and still with front drum brakes. I can tell because my disk brake conversion left me with a newer looking set of the same wheels and 5 lugs up front (still have a 5/6 lug truck :/ )

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote