View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #21
1978sierra

Re: The 1978 Sierra Build - I NEED YOUR HELP

Well, I've had a blast the last couple days, driving around in the rain and seeing almost no water make it in and then as if a sign that my water problems were behind me.... FIRE!!!

I started her up this am and when waiting for her to warm up I noticed some smoke coming up behind the cab, I immediately turned the truck off and jumped out to investigate (I was in a sprinklerd garage and needed to get that smoke to stop asap!) popped the hood and had a wire fire coming from a mess of wires about 6'' off the + post. This is my first project truck, and as you can guess by now I'm really new at this but am having fun tackling these situations. I will post a video so you can see what I'm talking about and hopefully help me not light my apartment building on fire.

Any help would be appreciated as I need to get the truck to the mechanics on Monday... I'd rather not tow it.

Some info that might help. I took out my CB radio and i may have broken the red power wire behind the dash when remouving it. Yesterday one of my blinkers stopped working and the truck was running generally rough. I don't know much but my assumption would be I'm grounding out a live wire somewhere pretty bad.

https://youtu.be/s3UiP37-17Y
1978sierra is offline   Reply With Quote