View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #181
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

So the transfer case is done. As expected the one we pulled out was beyond junk. Lots of metal on the magnet and more crap clogging the pump pickup.

It's just nasty inside.

Pile-o-junk. Nothing here is worth reusing. Bearings are rough to spin and the chain is stretched.

So here's the only sore spot. Shown below is the dog teeth for the low range gear, this is on the 27 spline input. This has to be reused so it will couple up to the trans. It's not as clean as what the 32 spline teeth are, but it's what I'm going to run.

Inside the 2nd t-case. The blue RTV says somebody has been here recently. Shift fork pads were all complete and in place. We did replace the 4 short ones as they were brittle, but the two blue long pads were just fine. Chain is nice too. No crap anywhere inside the case.

A mainshaft that isn't bent. Amazing.

Brakes are still being a pain. Larry and I thought it would take a short time to bleed now with the ABS out and it turned into a full afternoon of banging our head on the truck. No flow to the rear. Need to regroup.

I did bring the DRAC module home to recalibrate it for the axle ratio change and bigger tires.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote